Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Color Combos Galore 192 & Once Upon A Sketch

This weeks inspiration picture inspired me to do some remaining pictures of my DD that I had printed off and not yet used. I had also popped over to Once Upon A Sketch and thought my layout also fitted the Sketch over there. I took these pics of her whilst she was out in the pool just before it started to get to cold to swim. She is not a big fan of swimming and cannot for the life of me understand why, must be a teen girl thing. Anyway the colours this week for me seemed to go quite well with water photos.

I have done lots of layering by using a lot of cutouts from paper. The background paper is Prima Madeline, Making Memories for all the flower cutouts and DCWV Glitter cardstock and Bazzill cardstock.

I used a Martha Stewart's punch on the glitter cardstock and stitched this down in a circle. Tags were cut from Websters paper and I have journalled on them about my DD lack of love for our pool....lol Title is made up of Chipboard Letters from Heidi Swapp and metalic letters are from Pressed Petals for some reason these a photographing a lot darker than what they actually are. I Matha Stewart punched some of the left over papers, inked and stitched these down. Other products used are silk ribbon, Swirl stickers, glimmer mist and Kindy Glitz.








I hope you enjoyed checking this out and were inspired in some way, thanks for any comments you may leave.


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. STUNNING! Wow..breathtaking actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nadia, it is Stunning! I love how you have used the flowers as a border & how did you get the splatts of paint to be just right!! lol Love it Fi. Txx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You know whats really funny? I commented on this before but did not read the part that it was for Once Upon A Sketch...but i was thinking 'gee this fits our current sketch!" LOL! Then i see your link at OUAS...LOL! Thanks so much for playing along..as I said before STUNNING!The detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I agree with the gals... This page is simply stunning!!!... It's just amazing!!!...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is absolutely gorgeous! Everything looks soooooooooooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning my friend!!
    This layout is a real stunner again. ove what you did with the glitter cardstock. And your splish splashs of paint landed just in tha right place. Awsome layering and beautiful photographs(..lol,..as you always say to me..he he..)I love that shot from the side that shows the dimension!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the layerss! amazing LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super work Fi - such lovely layering! Thanks for submitting to Once Upon a Sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the petals peeking out from beneath the border trim. Also love how you have laced your ribbon and all your fabulous layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this has DIMENSION!! am going "oooh" and "aaah" while checking out all the yummie layered details! Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving comment! sure have been experimenting at home, took me forever to get the stains off my hands LOL :)) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious take of the sketch. The colours are so pretty! So many wonderful details... as I said glorious!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon A..Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok you win. LOL! You are the layering queen. I just love looking at all of the little details. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. An explosion of colors! Beautiful page, thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! lOve all the details. Brilliant page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just so beautiful Fi, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How clever of you to combine two challenges! Your page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete