WHOOPS!!! I was a little late with this one, sometimes its just simply out of our control. But I have finally finished it....YAY!!!! All I can say is, Hats of to those who are on 10 designs teams. I do not know how they work full time and spend quality time with their families.
Challenge #174 - Sunny Flowers (June 20 - July 3)
Midsummer is celebrated in a traditional way in Sweden in June, and includes dancing around a maypole and eating traditional food, and always strawberries. A lot of people wear flower wreaths/crowns on their heads. There is also a myth that if young people pick 7 different kinds of wildflowers, jump over 7 fences, and place the flowers under their pillow on this night, they will dream of the man/woman they will marry. This year Midsummer’s Eve falls on Friday 24 June.
My challenge is to do a layout:
- Using mainly light colours, and it must include at least a bit of yellow (for the summer solstice). I have used lighter shades including a light brown background, my yellow is in the flower and the paper is a slight yellow tone.
- 1 circle (for the sun)- cut from Websters Garden Gala
- 7 different types of flowers (if you want to, try making one or more handmade - flowers) - I decided to go with Prima, I have never used so many on one page...OMG!!!!
- 7 rub-ons or stamped images - Iused imaginisce Blooming Romance Collections, I counted sprays as one rubon and flowers as one.
- 24 other items - banner around the circle, title, branch and bird, pearl swirls, butterfly, leaves, aeroplane cutout and the glitter dot stickers off the thicker stickers.
Well thanks for looking, I think I am going to have to get up early in the cold and start taking photos even the late afternoon sun is causing to much glare.
Have a great week Fi