WHOOPS!!! I was a little late with this one, sometimes its just simply out of our control. But I have finally finished it....YAY!!!! All I can say is, Hats of to those who are on 10 designs teams. I do not know how they work full time and spend quality time with their families.
Challenge #174 - Sunny Flowers (June 20 - July 3)
Midsummer is celebrated in a traditional way in Sweden in June, and includes dancing around a maypole and eating traditional food, and always strawberries. A lot of people wear flower wreaths/crowns on their heads. There is also a myth that if young people pick 7 different kinds of wildflowers, jump over 7 fences, and place the flowers under their pillow on this night, they will dream of the man/woman they will marry. This year Midsummer’s Eve falls on Friday 24 June.
My challenge is to do a layout:
- Using mainly light colours, and it must include at least a bit of yellow (for the summer solstice). I have used lighter shades including a light brown background, my yellow is in the flower and the paper is a slight yellow tone.
- 1 circle (for the sun)- cut from Websters Garden Gala
- 7 different types of flowers (if you want to, try making one or more handmade - flowers) - I decided to go with Prima, I have never used so many on one page...OMG!!!!
- 7 rub-ons or stamped images - Iused imaginisce Blooming Romance Collections, I counted sprays as one rubon and flowers as one.
- 24 other items - banner around the circle, title, branch and bird, pearl swirls, butterfly, leaves, aeroplane cutout and the glitter dot stickers off the thicker stickers.
Well thanks for looking, I think I am going to have to get up early in the cold and start taking photos even the late afternoon sun is causing to much glare.
Have a great week Fi
Delightful! Would have love to have seen this on a white background too! Of course you have the prettiest subject to scrap and I think you done the Princess proud. Lots of great elements to this page Love the pointy bits butterfly and all the bling. Fantastic page. TxxxReplyDelete
WOW WEE... this is something different!!! Very unique look..love the cut out sun!!! yeah with winter... can get a little tricky... hugs...xoxoReplyDelete
stunning and cool page a great lovely dog to!!!!!ReplyDelete