Saturday, May 19, 2012

Reveal Time

I get so excited when I hear that our kit has shipped, then you play the waiting game, checking the mail box daily feeling disappointed that it hasn't arrived, yer right like its going to be there the next day...lol  then the joy of when it arrives and you finally get to play with it  all.

After the fun part of creating with it, I love when we get to reveal it as I'm sure you as the viewers do as well, it always amazes me how each Designer Team member creates something so completely different and beautiful for you to look at.

Well  today I can finally reveal my first page, and I can honestly say this isn't the usual style of paper that I would purchase, so never be put off joining a kit club if this is what worry's you.  For someone like me that likes to do a lot of fussy cutting I was worried that the paper was going to stump me.  However I really loved working it, I had enough images to fussy cut and it was great opportunity to pull out my punches and dies and get really creative.  I had only the basic kit to work with no add ons, and I am more than pleased where my creative took me and that I have inspired you to get creative.

JUNE KIT




This is a picture of my mum and me, rh side, and her sister with her little girl, we are about 4 months apart.  I  thought the colours in the picture were perfect for these colours in the papers.  I used random scraps to create the banner type border and stitched the lace down with my sewing machine.


I created the pinwheel using my QK die and then cut it down a bit smaller with my decorative scissors.  Flower were created with my Nestabilities die and EK Success punches.  I used BB Java cardstock as the base making the colours really pop off the page.


Products Used


Papers:

Les Papiers de Pandore: Etiquettes
Les Papiers de Pandore: Au Jardin
Les Papiers de Pandore: Secrets
Les Papiers de Pandore: Ouvrages en cours
Les Papiers de Pandore: Pique-nique
Les Papiers de Pandore: Atelier confitures



Embellishments:
Bo Bunny: Country Garden Combo Stickers
May Arts: Checked Ribbon
Prima: Blossom Bud Ink Edger
Wrights: Two Tiered Lace



My Stash:



Quickutz Pinwheel Die
Tim Holtz Dimensional Pearls
Brad
Nestabilities Spiral Die cut set & EK Success Punches
Gesso
Glitter

Thanks for looking and for any comments that you may leave, they are welcome reads,so thank you. Although most of us create because we have a passion for it,its also nice to hear that you have inspired someone in some way. 

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend, the sun is shining here so I am going out to enjoy it with my DD and hopefully stop for a Lemon Cupcake....yum!!!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. You worked the paper beautifully Fi. I adore the freshness of the colors of the papers on the white background, and the sewing adds such lovely texture. It has a lovely quilting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it's stunning ... I've never made one of those pinwheels before ... hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fi..as you know I'm one of your ardent fan!!! I can see the different style here... And I like it... I like the neat and wide space ... on this layout!!! Love the pinwheel... I must try to make one too... You rocked the kit my friend... The black background pp with white pp... just the best combo...as it stands out beautifully!!!And lovely photo toos.... Very inspiring indeed !!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent this to my pc so I could zoom around your page! Very pretty what you've done here! Love it a lot! Looks like a great kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, Fi! The pinwheel is such a fun touch and you are the master of the dark backgrounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavens above that kit is just breathtaking! I am honestly almost keeled over on the floor with excitement and anticipation!! Gosh that Le Maison de Campagne is just so beautiful that I don't even mind receiving more of it even though I get it for free LOL - and those embellishments are just so darn crazy beautiful that I'm just all agaga!! NOW onto the layout - INCREDIBLE!! Funny just last week I downloaded and printed out a pinwheel tutorial! Yours is the prettiest I've seen and what you have done with those ribboncuts is definitely scraplift worthy my dear. Absolutely mind-bogglingly beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Fi, you have so worked your magic with that kit. Looks great. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete