Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pinch and a Punch

Well there is no point going on about how fast the months are flying by, the only upside I can see is that we get some fantastic new challenges.  I'm just hoping to get some scrapping done in between watching the Olympics.  Its been great watching the women's weight lifting,  lifting weights more than twice their own body weight, what an achievement!  The rowing has also been great especially watching the team effort and how well the work together and the great thing about sport whilst quite a few will go home disappointed that they are not bringing a medal home, they can at least know that they did their best on that day.

It's a shame it doesn't work in other Industries, it doesn't matter how much you put into it, its about who you know rather than what you know.  But it does give me perspective watching these awesome sports people, and it reminds me of why I scrap.  I don't do it for recognition, but more to share ideas.  This is why my photos are,  what have people called them, Oh! yes candid, I think this is the opposite to contrived.  I want my family to look through my albums and have a laugh and talk about the moments that were captured in those shots.  So my pages may not be Gold Medal worthy to anyone else, however they are worth a million bucks to my family.

So if you haven't checked out the Olympics make some time and enjoy watching your country no matter where they place, as blood, sweat and tears goes into these performances.

Now onto my Challenge over at Colorful Creations, normally I would have done a layout but so as not to exclude any card makers I went with a card. I slightly lost control, I ended up with this Card/Decorative Envelope/Mini Book, hmm mm really don't know what to call it...lol  I thought it would be nice for my DD to write her Aunty and Uncle a thank you note for her 18th Birthday gift so I have popped that into the little pocket that I have made along with a little gift that I found for my sister in-law quite a while ago and still had not sent to her.  And I had to include a picture of my DD as well, yes well the hand over the mouth might have been from chugging down her drink.  I can happily say she did not make a mess out of herself on the night, there was definitely no bowl hugging, if you get my drift. 


And this is my project


Love this photo of my DD, caught at her best...lol

I created a pocket that I have machine stitched to hold the note and gift.  I have cut the jar using my Papertrey Ink die cut and stamp set.  The Little fairy is from Dusty Attic.
Well this is the back if fold it out but when folded it in, it makes up the front. I have stitched down the papers, nothing worse when you receive a hand made gift and it falls apart because of the glue.   I prefer to stitch things down. The pearl is from Zva and from my old stash a K & Co fabric brad.

Thanks for dropping by, hope you have enjoyed my project for this month, and if you have some spare time why not drop on over to Colorful Creations.

Other Products:  K & Company Paper & Brads, Websters Paper,Stickers & Blooms, Kaiser mini blooms, Martha Stewart border punches, Memory Box die cut, 7Gypsy elastic closure, KF - Eyelet Brad, Bazzill Cardstock, Dusty Attic Chipboard, 

Bye for now.


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This is amazing Fi! What a special folder!! Excellent job indeed!!! Great thoughts there - yes sports is the only one thing where pure performance is all that counts. In everything else in life there are so many more intricacies involved - although even in sports there are those players full of charisma that are loved and then there are the ones that have the temper tantrums on the tennis courts etc too - although at the end of the day it really is the best man who wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a stunning folder of your DD... I love the whole color combo...gorgeous... Your DD is lovely too... Nice punch on the edges too...enhance the whole look!! I'm pretty disappointed with US ...this year Olympic!!! especially swimming... Sigh! but I still cheer Aussie Aussie...Aussie...Oye Oye !!!Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Simply stunning! Love how you used thes colors...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Fi this work is jaw dropping.........can you see how far my mouth fell open??
    I love all the different hues of blue, and I am very gratefully that you have considered the card makers that have poked their nose around the door of CC...namely me!!!
    You make the challenges so much fun and the Palette is one of my favourites to do.
    Thanks for everything, you are appreciated.
    Joan aka whitewalls

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Fi....love all the stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right on sister! I totally agree about scrapping 'candid' photos! I reckon they are the best kind!! It shows the personal side to your album and like you say gives everyone a good belly laugh at photos they havent seen for years. As for the Olympics - Go the Aussies!Now onto your little mini album - so awesome! love the colours Fi and cant wait to play along! As usual you have such lovely detail throughout the album - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Fi, I love this colour palette and what a great gift and thank you idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all delish, love the way you worked the palette and all the stitching and fuzzy cutting. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete