Saturday, July 28, 2012

July!!! What a Month.

Again I cannot believe how fast the months seem to turn over, with the end of the month fast approaching I realised that I hadn't even made a start on my August Challenges, not to mention finishing off projects for challenges that I decided to particpate in.

I think this time of year becomes a bit like Christmas time, here in Australia its the end of financial year and we also have to submit our quarterly BAS and ready our books for our annual taxes,  yes the government loves when we are working hard for them.  After last month with family staying and birthdays I've still had no time for R & R, hopefully August maybe be a little slower.  And still to add to my daily list of chores my son wanted ducks and our Silky Chicken had two babies as well, so I thought I would do a little show and tell on these before I reveal my projects.

 We are still a little unsure what sex they are, but one does have a different marking on the beak that the other one doesn't, they still sleep inside at the moment because the night air is way to cold without their mother.  Its so funny listening to the pitter patter of their little feet on the concrete as they follow you around.


And here is our family of chickens, the left hand side is our Rooster and the mother is on the right unfortunately you can only see one of her chicks in this picture.  They hide under mum when you go near them, I hope to get some better pics soon. 



ANDREWS MONTHLY TAG CHALLENGE

Andrews made a beautiful tag using cool colours in blue tones, the challenge was to interpret this.  I decided to use a totally different cool palette on mine and used some of the Pink Paisley resist paper as part of the base, then splattered it with glimmer mist.
 

Other product use:  Prima, Dusty Attic, Pink Paisley, MME die cut tag, Kaiser mini blooms & Pearl Brad, Martha Stewart die cut doily, Tattered Angels, PaperTrey Ink Stamp and Graphic 45 Cutout.


GUEST DESIGNER CINDY - SKETCH CHALLENGE 


I flipped the sketch here for my interpretation. 


I used papers from the Simply Stories "Summer Fresh" Range. The little scatter of flowers are from the sticker sheet and I used the Martha Stewart Bubble border punch, one of my faves.  The Background patterned paper is from Crate paper, I think!  This is a picture of my nephew, I seem to acumulate these pictures from my family but they never write where they were taken so I have popped a hidden tag behind the photo ready for some journalling when I next speak to my sister in law.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is having a great time or at least watching the Olympics, what a spectacular sight it looks on TV, I could only imagine how much more it would be if you had the opportunity to see it in real life.

Take Care



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Great pics! That tag is so beautiful...wow! Love the lo too! Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fi....love the chickens :) they are lil hairy ones :) beautiful tag and layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I concur with you on July - we should aim to be on holiday next July for the entire month considering it was practically almost totally sabotaged one way or another (well for me anyway) - at least you had some fun with loved ones as opposed to a boxing match LOL!! I do love your duckies & chicks, you forgot to tell us their names! I need to know so I can ask after them :) Never heard of that challenge site "Andrews" but notwithstanding that, your tag is shabbily beautiful & very eclectic. Love your mix of bits & pieces & that glittered up key is preeeeettttttty!! Great layout too - cute nephew!! I think that paper looks like Cosmo Cricket to me - 1934 but I may be wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Fi... me too...!!! July is so not my fave time of the year...but on the contrary... I love the SALES.... he he... love your tag..and your stunning layout!!!....i hope your weekend is full of fun!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the animal pics Fi & your Card/Tag is pretty gorgeous too & I know exactly what you mean about the month just flying by!!! I really don't know where it has gone. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little cuties! awesome job with that tag and your layout!

    ReplyDelete