Thursday, April 7, 2011

Color Combos Galore 186

This weeks Colour Challenge was to do some layering. I used a picture of my DD when she was two. As you can see by her picture her skin is very fair and I was trying to encourage her to wear a hat outside when she played. However after popping the hat on her I would turn my back for a moment only to find that she would remove it again. This particular day I just happened to take a snap of her expression when she removed it..the look says it all.

For this Palette I used papers from Pink Paislee, Websters & Making Memories. The gray stumped me a little, mine was printing with a slight olive tone and the name of the colour was Smokin Hot Gray so I used two grays to cover me. Jo Sonja Dove Gray paint and the Pink Paislee doilies that I cut from paper are a sort of Olive Grey and matched with my palette printout. I used a Tattered Angels stamp with the paint and stamped on the background cardstock, then layered all my cutouts from Prima Gabrielle & Basic Grey Gypsy. I spritzed some Foofala canvas flowers and layered these as well however these look a lot more turquoise in the picture. I used teal ink for the butterfly and then blinged it up with glitter. Transparencies is from Hambly the other one is a digital download that I used.




1995a
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Fi... What can I say eh???

    You nailed again!!!... So beautiful!!! very inspiring indeed!!!...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous work, Fi! Love all the layers and exquisite dimension, and of course the sweet photo and journaling. So striking with the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Fi! Love how all the other colours pop against the black.You did great with the layering and the dimension is exquisite!Love the sweet photo and the transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I saw this at CCG - amazing layering! You really rocked this challenge Fi & so many artsy effects too - too cool :)

    ReplyDelete