Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pinch and A Punch

A pinch and punch for the first of the month, OMG its finally here, the dreaded crazy month. Don't get me wrong December is one of my favourite months, the weather has warmed up and we get to use the pool more, then we have Christmas day, spending time with loved ones and hopefully getting some RNR and then finishing it off with my birthday, overall its a pretty good month. However, it does seem to come around so quickly each year. Now all I need to do is avoid all the craziness that's seems to prevail everywhere before hand, good luck everyone!!!

Anyway on to the this weeks colors over at TCR. I've had this photo of my DD and my Nephew for ages but the colours have either seemed to masculine or way to feminine, I think I found the perfect medium with this weeks palette, still being able to add a few subtle flowers here and there without going over board. The rusty red was a little hard to achieve, I used flowers that I cut from "Country Estate" by Websters, I inked, chalked and spritzed in the end I had to settle for the colour they turned out.

I also started out with the sketch but I think I totally veered off that road, lol



I also thought I would try something different with the colours this week, and that is not do them exact. Since I am known over at CCG as a bit of a colour Nazi with trying to get them so close.

I hand stitched around the circle cut outs and added another semi circle of stitching. The dots were inked using a crafters workshop template and a colorbox rust red ink pad then dotted with dimensional pearls.





Product use: Papers are from Websters & Are Warehouse, MME Photo Overlay, Basic Grey Die cut, Prima flowers.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing what others did with this weeks colours.

Bye for now Fi


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. oh wow, Fi!! This is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO Fi! I think you did a great job on using the sketch. Beautiful elements and stitching!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. very lovely! I love those colors, but hadn't gotten up the courage yet to take them on! Great job on your page, you did a wonderful job! And I'm glad to meet another Dec. baby. Mine is the 30th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors... Simply gorgeous.. hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha I spy the rust in there Fi! :)) It was a very challenging palette and I struggled big time before I dug up my own blue paper from my piles. You did just great, love the circles and all the stitching! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fi,
    I came to your blog to answer your question... but first, I'd like to thank you for your lovely comment you left me on my "Big Smiles" layout :). you warmed my heart.
    As for your question - I didn't work with any TCR's palette on that lo. I hope it's okay to upload there a lo not with thier palettes...
    It was an unsual color combo for me, but I really like what I came out with.
    Thanks again and have a great weekent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tks for the recent visit Fi, just been toooo busy to scrap, missing CCG hope you are well, love your layout for TCR gorgeous as usual, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete