Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Scrapmatts Guest Designer CSI & Kraft Plus Challenge

Welcome

Sharing with you this month is some pages I've created with Scrapmatts products as a guest designer over at CSI.  I love working with Scrapmatts products and if you haven't checked them out, GO HERE.  Brand new products have been uploaded to their website and whether your into cards, mixed media or project life, you won't be disappointed.


First up here, I have pulled a photo of myself from the archives, you know the ones.  Way before digital camera's were around and you didn't take a hundred shots to get the perfect one, mostly because film was way to expensive to develop as well.  So we work with what we have, this picture is about one of a handful I have when I was pregnant with my first child.  Whilst not picture perfect I do love now when I look back at it and not only see how young I was, lol, but other things in the background that were a big part of our life back then.

CAPTURE THE MOMENT
Scrapmatts sponsors CSI and this month as Design Team members were played along as guests.  Here is my creation for the above palette.



The background paper used here is one I picked up from Kaiser Kraft and the rest of the layering is from scraps laying around as well as a fabric tag that I have taken from some clothing.  
As always there is plenty of mixed media product used to create the background and I have used distressed embossing powder on the Scrapmatts rose leaves.





Kraft Plus + Denim Resolution 



Another great Challenge is Kraft Plus - this month we had to use denim, well who doesn't have an old pair of jeans laying around and we know as scrapbookers we are always up for a good challenge.  If this means cutting something up, well enough said!!!!




To create my background I've used strips of denim which have been frayed to give them a distressed look.  Used also are water colours, stamps, gesso and embossing powders.


As you can see you from the close up loads of layering and I have also recycled the tabs and seams from the denim jeans.  They add such a cool look to you page.



On the close up here you can see how gorgeous the Scrapmatts cogs look when they have been embossed with a thick copper embossing powder.  This cluster was also created using a clothing label tag, Prima chipboard, metal tag and of course denim.


SCRAPMATTS PRODUCTS USED






Thanks for stopping by and for any comments you may have time to leave.

Take Care




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow you have been busy, two great layouts with lots of MM and fabulous textures.. a fantastic take for the Kraft + challenge this month.. thanks for joining in !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grungy mixed media look is great combined with the denim revolution. Thanks for joining in at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing background Fiona, for an awesome photo and page. love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at K+

    ReplyDelete