Friday, April 22, 2011

How Much is Too Much?

I really enjoyed doing the last challenge over at HMITM and I was stoked when Debbie dropped in on my blog and mentioned to me that I had been selected as the Winner.

We are pleased to announce Fi as our HAITA winner for Challenge #168 (What's in a Name?). We adore her gorgeous design and amazing attention to detail. The colors, the beautiful photo, the journaling all enhance the story Fi told on her exquisite page!

Congratulations, Fi! You have been added to our How Awesome Is Too Awesome? Hall of Fame!

If you haven't checked out this blog, hop along and check it out, its a great challenge site, not only getting you to reach in and use up that stash but to also scrap photos you possibly wouldn't. Well this is my page for this fortnights challenge and after photographing it I realised that I had forgotten to put my bullet points on, whoops too late now...lol

Challenge #169 - Three Ring Circus {April 11 - April 24}
Janet here with this week's challenge: Three Ring Circus. It feels like a Three Ring Circus sometimes and I'm sure that's true with most of you.


* This week I want you to use a picture that is humorous, this picture is of my DS last easter, and as usual when wanting to take a photo of my teens I have to have the silly face as well. LOL

* 3 circles or rings on it, I used cogs as my circles.

* 3 bullet points and, I forgot to use these.

* 3 patterned papers, packaging from Websters Fashion, Senic Route and MME

* Anything you use keep it in the number 3 ( photos can be any amount). I used a transparency with 3 frames, 3 banners to hold my title, 3 different font stickers, I cut 3 different coloured lanterns that I folded over at the top & bottom of the page cut from Websters paper. Pink Paisley twine was used to create the background. Other products used are Jo Sonja paint, stitching, ink and FPants rubons.






Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I really like how you have the twine zig zagging up and down the page it creates a fab feel to this funky grungy layout and of course I am a sucker for those pennats that shape!
    Lovin it big time! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Fi!!! Your layouts are always gorgeous! Well deserved hun!!

    Your Easter layout of your son is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO, SO, AWESOME, Fi! So creative and original how you worked the twine. Love the cogs, and brilliant how you used those WP lanterns! Thanks so much for playing with us again at HMITM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fi that twine idea of yours is so stealable...don't be surprised if you see it on a layout of mine really soon LOL - great job - I have thought about playing at HMITM but the truth is for me it's ALL too much - just gives me a headache trying to find all that stuff the list of requirements is so long...but you have done such an awesome job with it! So sorry you forgot the bullets as it really is a great layout...

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS FI... I'm not surprise...as you are really GOOD... I always heart your style and this one is not exceptional!!...TFS your beautiful LO... happy Easter hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks fantastic, I love the way you did this challenge and great colors and design.
    Thanks so much for joining in again. I love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! this is amazing Fi!!! love love love that twine detailing! and how you arranged the photos and embellishments, over the top fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning work, love the twine idea and no I am not going to check out another challenge LOL! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete