Friday, August 12, 2011

Color Combos Galore - Palette 204


Debbi created another gorgeous palette and put together some great inspirational pictures. I decided against beach pictures, the colours inspired me to still use outdoor pics but I went in a completely different direction. The designers prompt to use a grid was a great idea so I thought I would incorporate my photos into a grid style. I did this not only on the front page, but I also created a flap that opens up and I have added more photos and journalling.

My photos are from the early 90's taken with an old film camera, Oh!!! to have had a digital camera back then, but I didn't and these photos hold lots of memories so whilst they might not be the best photos they are ones that I am fortunate enough to have. So this week why not challenge yourself to use up some of your old photos that have been forgotten about, I am sure you can still make a awesome page without a contrived photo. So I will keep my eye out in the gallery to see if anyone does this. So now onto what I have used on my pages.




The front page is made up from Kaiser "Nan's Fav Apple Pie for the Boardwalk Brown, BG Periphery for the Palest Lemon Coral although not photographing that well, Bazzill Basics Hillary for the Seaweed and some BGrey again for the Deep Sea Blue.



I have stitched down the photo grid mat that I have done with a zig-zag stitch so that it can be opened, this is where I have added the remaining photos taken that day.



I have used a heap of rubons from K & Company's Blue Awning and raised some cutouts that I cut from the Periphery paper.


Dusty Attic chipboard barbed wire has been spritzed with Glimmer mist and I have overlayed a Hambly transparency over the photos. Stickers are from Websters I have also used a 7Gypsy stamp, prima flowers and border punch from Martha Stewart.

The hidden journalling explains about the place we were living at, why were living there and about some funny things that happened to my dog. One of these stories include how the horses on the property were fascinated with our dog, even thought there was a dog already living on the Stud. I couldn't pass the opportunity to snap the photos of the horses trying to sniff our dog....too funny.

Well thanks for looking and for your wonderful comment that you leave me each week.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. this is totally awesome layout Fi... great colors... and what a clever thing to do with the hidden journaling behind your photos... love it... Thanks for the inspiration.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you created the flap to accomodate your pics and journalling, the trailing branches and the barbed wire are all those speacial touches that always adorn your pages. You have a great style that is all your own, Love it! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb....so love your photo mat that is an opening flap for more photos and journalling...love the transparency over the photos, the distressed paper, the great selection of rub-ons, the stitching and that barb wire. Love that you used older photos. :) So much to look at and admire.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly fabulous Fi! I love, love, love that barbed wire! All your details are just perfect for this layout! Great idea to put the journaling behind, plus all the extra pictures! Amazing job, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the first alyer opens up to reveal more pictures and such a lot of journaling. The whole package looks wonderful. I thought firt that you had used real barbed wire, which would have ben cool, but of course chipboard is much safer...LOL!
    As I said on CCG I just LOVE your page, Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Love all the pics and the journaling...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this treasure trove Fi! especially that you've used older photos and still managed to create such a fabulous keep sake. Love the horses sniffing at your dog, so very cute! how clever to have the journalling behind the "lid" and so many beautiful elements everywhere! Totally beautiful Fi! xxx

    ReplyDelete