Monday, March 19, 2012

White + One

I stumbled over this site Colorful Creations whilst looking for some Challenges, the players seem really friendly and I love that there is several challenges going on through out the month. After signing up I received and email about CC having a DT Call and thought why not apply I like the idea of setting the challenges myself and we also offer a RAK to the winner. The hardest part of applying was coming up with 3 projects that no one had yet seen, fortunately I found a couple. A couple of days later I received an email from CC letting me know if I was still interested they would love to have me on board. Of course I accepted. Here is my first page that I was working on before I applied White + 1. This is such a great concept and I love that it confines you with the colour. I chose to do Pink but on the watermelon side, I love that you can use the lighter and darker shades to give your page depth without adding any other colours. I also combined with the Dusty Attic Sketch by Michelle Grant and I slightly twisted it.
The picture is of my husband and DD Tayla. I had organised for my husband to be home on time from work so that I could grab a few hours for myself at the shopping centre whilst he took care of her. I was still nursing and was running late and was visualizing this dramatic scene of her screaming the house down only come home to this...lol of course I had to snap it, not the best quality photo but that's old film cameras for you.
Products Used: BB Bling Cardstock, MME Follow Your Heart, Websters Alphabets, Dusty Attic Button Hearts, Swirl & Name Plate, Prima Pearls & Flowers, Matha Steward Coarse Glitter, Sizzix Die Cut Flowers, Imaginisce Number Stickers, Melissa Frances Resin Key, Glimmer Mist Thanks for looking and hopefully I will see you over at Dusty Attic or Colorful Creations. Fi


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. This is Brilliant!!!
    Love that Circle photo with the Pink Stitching is just DIVINE.... The Hexagon's are FAN FAB U LAS & the Touch of Dusty Attic Chippie is Superb...
    ALSO! A BIG CONGRATS for your DT spot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Fi. Fab design & fabulous layout. Love the whole patchwork thingy. Also congrats on the NEW DT position. You are such an asset to any team you are on, I'm sure you will be amazing. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just absolutely beautiful! The colors and design together are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this LO, the colours and detail are beautiful, not to mention the subjects in the photo, how lovely to see dad and daughter so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ...Swoon!... this layout is so beautiful... i love the colors.. and that hexagon designs with the rounded photo... its really stunning... !!! TFS Fi... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Such a sweet photo and pretty patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Fi!! Congrats on the new DT - you are very vigilant when it comes to finding these things - will check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big Congrats on your DT spot!!! I totally LOVE this gorgeous page!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS PAGE MISS FI!! I love the soft pink hues and those hex shapes are so frikkin cool!!
    Congrats on making the team at CC I cant wait to play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is SO beautiful!!!!! I love the way you interpreted the sketch! Such lovely colors and details....Completely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous love the colors!!!! I have always looked at that color challange but never played there yet...one day with I have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your page and I love that hue of pink. I am also into hexagons.
    How do you cut out yours?

    ReplyDelete