Sunday, May 18, 2014

Black With 2 - May Challenge

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, I spent a good part of the day with my daughter. 
 We had a lovely coffee up at Mt Tamborine and checked out a couple of vintage stores.  
Two purchases later and we left with a gorgeous little glass and a cup and saucer tea set and yes they both happen to be pink.  I will try and remember to take some pictures to share with you all.  For the time being I hope you will enjoy my page I created for the BW2 Challenge.  If you haven't checked out this challenge site just click on the picture below and it will take you there.



 As well as using the above colours we also need to use the sketch.  I flipped the photo area of this sketch and inspiration from the above image was used in the form of  texture paste and some paint splatters.


Here is my take on the Challenge.

 I used Bassill cardstock swiss dot, for my background along with some texture paste and stamps.  A little hard to photograph the soft grey without it looking a little on the white side.


The photograph is of a bottle of perfume my husband gave me for Valentines day last year.  We don't normally do anything for this day as its not something I feel needs to celebrated.  This is about the 3rd Valentines present he has given me in our 20 odd years together. 
 Its nice to be surprised on occasions rather than expect.



I've randomly stamped Feb and layered my paper elements.  I used Magnolia's Doily flower to create some of the petals in my flower spray and the word love was a jillibean sticker that I have inked black.  

Other Products Used:

MME - Tag
Chipboard numbers and bracket
Martha Stewart punch
Prima flowers & stamp
Bazzill - cardstock & brads
micro beads, textured paste, black gesso, tulle
Maya Roads mist
Papes - Kaiser Craft Ärt of Life
Basic Grey - Griffin
Provo Craft - metal letters
Crafters Workshop - Templates

And just another quick share I was so happy to see not only my page featured over at Sketchabilities but my friend Caroline Jarden's layout was featured also.  

Well the weekend is coming to a fast close for me, thanks for dropping by and thank you to those that take the time out to leave me your lovely comments, they are always appreciated.

Bye for now



Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Such a luscious, rich, interesting page. Love the bright pop of colour. Beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock dark background Fi!!! Its not easy to do one!!! And you nailed it!!! So beautiful!!! You are simply amazing! You know how much I love your creations! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is gorgeous. I think you nailed the greys and created a rich sumptuous layout. I love this one. Thanks for playing along with us at BW2 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout. So beautiful. Am in love with your background. Thanks for playing along this month at Black With Two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, great page!!! I had the same problem with the soft grey looking like white. Thanks for joining at Bw2

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning page thanks for joining us on BW2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Fi!! I agree it's nice to be surprised with a gift every now and then, but certainly not something we should 'expect'. LOve how you built up your embellies around that photo and also the use of white mist(/paint?)
    Lovely!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is really beautiful well done thanks for joining the challenge bw2 xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love everything about this page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! just stunning!! thanks for sharing your talent at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! thanks for plaing with us at Bw2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! what a beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Fi, this looks amazing, so much background work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning page. I love your layering and textural elements.... beautiful! cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fi - this is a GORGEOUS creation! Thanks so much for playing along with BW2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all the texture you've created, stunning LO Thanks for joining us at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fi this is such a stunning LO i adore everything about it thanks for playing with us at BW2 and congrats on being featured :)

    ReplyDelete