Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sweat for a Cure



Hi Everyone!

I hope you're all  having a great weekend.  

Its a tad cold here today in Brisbane, not that I'm complaining, I really enjoy the colder months. 
 Life is finally settling down here on the home front, unfortunately sometimes there a just things out of your control.  I wanted to share this layout that I created,  it wasn't for any challenge,  I just wanted to scrap a moment about a great cause.   

Sweat for a Cure was about riding a stationery spin bike for 4 hours, we had to have a team and raise money.  My team had 3 riders and only one bike's kilometres would be counted.  This didn't mean we got to sit back and watch, whilst one of the team members pedal furiously.  We all had bike and we all rode as hard as possible, we needed to encourage the person who't turn it was.  Casually pedalling would not cut it. 

 Four hours later and were cramping up and exhausted, we had ridden 120km's and it was all for a good cause. 
Were we competitive, absolutely!!!  


The picture I have used is one taken before we started out ride.  Maybe I should have had one taken as we were trying to get off our bike, or should say fell off...



I have used papers from Belle Carte, I love their papers as they have a nice texture to them. 
 Some Prima off cuts and the chipboard has been coated with Tim Holtz distress embossing powder. This powder is a mix of soft blue, white and gold and just looks gorgeous once its melted.
  The cute little banners were a sweet gift from Mitralee, thank you Mitra.

Well I am off to get some more scrapping done, enjoy your weekend!!!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a great page for a really good memory (why you did the ride, not the aches and pains), it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing feat! Some of your comments made me giggle, like the falling off part. LOL. You must of been EXHAUSTED!! Your page is beautiful and fun! xx

    ReplyDelete